My Credo: A laugh a day will keep most doctors away.
Apparently, Gore Vidal was known for his ascerbic wit as well as his writing. Of the 20 Gore Vidal “zingers” from this article on Flavorwire.com, my favorite include the following:
- “It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.”
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.”
- “First coffee, then a bowel movement. Then the Muse
- “Whenever a friend succeeds, a little something in me dies.” – from The Sunday Times Magazine, 1973
- “Andy Warhol is the only genius I’ve ever known with an I.Q. of 60″
- “I am at heart a propagandist, a tremendous hater, a tiresome nag, complacently positive that there is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.” – from Homage to Daniel Shays: Collected Essays, 1972
- “The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so.”
The full article is located here.